When using an online resume writing service, there are some negative aspects. The good generally outweigh the bad, however, it is a good idea to be aware of both the good and the bad with any service you plan to hire. Below are some points to think about:
- Being that the service is online, you really do not know who you are hiring to write one of the most important documents you will ever need.
- Some companies boast that they are expert resume writers when in fact, they are mediocre at best.
- With some resume writing services, the writing is actually farmed out to writers all over the world. This presents a problem with quality control. The best resume writing services write the resumes in house so they always know the status of the work.
- Often a resume writing service will quote their rates starting at a low price, however, it is rare if ever that a customer pays the lowest rate. The rates are typically a bit more than what the starting rate is posted.
- Customer service can be a nightmare. There are resume writing services with outstanding customer service, and you have the services with virtually no customer service. When there is bad customer service, it will make the process go on for much longer than it should.
- The best way for a resume writer to write an accurate and customized resume is to meet with you face to face or at least have a phone conversation with you. There are resume writing services where the customer never speaks to the writer and only deals with customer service.
- Missing deadlines. In some instances, resume writing services do not meet deadlines set by the customer.
- Refunds can be difficult to receive. Many resume writing services on-line drag their feet when it comes to issuing refunds.
When you are thinking about hiring an online resume writing service, it pays to be aware of the downfalls of doing so. By being armed with information, you can better select a company that will meet your needs and do a quality job.