When you are looking for a job, a very important part of the application process is having a well written resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV). Your CV must highlight the positive qualities of your accomplishments and skills. A well crafted CV can get your foot in the door for the interview. Before you randomly choose a CV Writing Service to help you with your CV, there are a few things to consider.
To ensure that you get the great CV that you expect and the service you deserve:
- Spend some time on the internet researching the various CV Writing Services available.
- Read the reviews that are posted on the internet. These are designed to help you avoid the pitfalls of scam writing services.
- Visit several CV Writing Services sites. Compare how each service works.
- If a writing site just doesn’t feel right to you, keep searching. Trust your instinct.
- Look for a writing company that has been in business for a while. They have proven themselves and if they can sustain business, they are likely a good company.
- Talk to others who have used CV Writing Services for recommendations. Word of mouth is often the best route to go in this situation.
Red flags to be aware of:
- Bad reviews. If a site consistently gets bad reviews, move on.
- Cheap prices. You really do get what you pay for. Think of your CV as an investment in your future. That initial investment can pay you back several times over!
- The writing service wants you pay upfront before speaking to you. A writer should talk directly with you to get an idea of who you are and what you are looking for in a job. Insist on this before you pay anything and before they begin writing your CV.
- Deals that sound too good to be true- they probably aren’t true!
- No mention of a money back guarantee.
You cannot be too careful when you are selecting a writing service to write your CV. You have a lot riding on the CV that you give a potential employer. Study your choices and carefully make the decision of who to entrust your CV writing and you will lessen the chances of being disappointed.